The Arizona Wildlife Federation (AWF) seeks an energetic Organizer and Outreach Coordinator to help expand our reach and effectiveness in conserving Arizona wildlife, habitat, public lands, and shaping the policies that affect them.
Founded in 1923 to promote the management of Arizona’s natural resources on a scientific basis, the Arizona Wildlife Federation (AWF) remains one of Arizona’s most trusted conservation organizations. Our programs focus on conserving wildlife, restoring and protecting habitat, assuring access to public lands, and connecting people with nature. Our members range from sportsmen to wildlife gardeners, and share a common value in the importance of public lands, wildlife and wildlife habitat. AWF is a state affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation.
About the Position:
The AWF Organizer and Outreach Coordinator will work closely with AWF staff to elevate the work of our organization and our affiliates with the public and with the agencies and officials whose policies affect Arizona wildlife and habitat.
- Lead AWF’s advocacy work on Climate including education and listening tours with Arizona sportsman’s groups and elected officials
- Develop messaging around our conservation campaigns, including public lands, wildlife, sportsman’s heritage, mining, water, and climate
- Organize events (tabling at expos, film screenings, petition signings, etc.) including the press and communications associated with those events
- Work with AWF staff to develop and execute comprehensive, creative and goal-driven plans for membership and recruitment, fundraising and conservation campaigns
- Strengthen the AWF “brand” to elevate the impact and reach of our work
- Write, edit, coordinate and publish press releases, media alerts, advisories, op-eds, LTE’s, blogs and social media posts
- Develop, track and report on progress and success metrics for grant work and outreach
- Build relationships with AWF and NWF staff, affiliates, and other conservation leaders and partners in the state
- Support the development and management of AWF’s constituent database and improve our constituent management capabilities
- The ideal candidate has led advocacy campaigns including multi-faceted communications and marketing strategies, has a passion for conservation, and is flexible enough to assist in all aspects of AWF operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including strong editing skills and attention to detail) and an ability to convey conservation messages across a range of audiences and across the political spectrum
- Proven experience in executing both traditional and creative methods for issue advocacy, membership, and donations
- Proven success in pitching and securing media placements across all media platforms and channels: TV, radio, print, online, etc.
- Prior experience with tools used for web design, constituent management, social media, and the metrics required to measure those effectivity
- Familiarity with a range of conservation fundamentals and related issues, including the North American Model of Wildlife Management, public lands, endangered species, mineral extraction, grazing, forest management, water conservation, and climate change
- Flexible and comfortable in a dynamic environment where week-to-week work will range from writing blogs, to coordinating press events, to grassroots advocacy, to fundraising and beyond! Must be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and do all levels of work
- Energetic, creative self-starter, able to work independently and cooperatively with little supervision
- Candidate must be an avid Arizona hunter, angler and/or wildlife enthusiast
- A. or B.S. degree and 3+ years relevant work experience in advocacy communications or non-profit membership management and development
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Scott Garlid, email@example.com
This is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities.
Compensation range is $45-55K/year plus 4-6 weeks paid vacation depending on experience. No paid retirement or health care benefits are provided.
The AWF is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer pursuant to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act & Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistant Act. The AWF hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.